ux design
graphic design
web development

Studio 52

student project from University of borås


This project was part of the class Designing Web Pages. The assignment was to design and build a responsive website. Great emphasis were placed on utilizing design principles upon the prerequisite design work like principles for user experience, usability, accessibility and finally the purposes of the site and its target groups. The strategy to follow was mobile first, meaning additional functionality should be added the larger the viewer screens. The client was fictitious as well as its context, purposes and target groups. The actual website could either be fictitious or created for a real client. In my case, I came up with a fictitious client.

In order to make an imaginary client as authentic as possible I started by creating the story behind the company and after that forming its purpose. From there I could start collecting the actual purpose of the website and get a clear view of who the users were.

During the design process a simple user test was to be conducted. I performed two user tests of which the first one was an animated prototype (wireframe) made in Adobe XD. The second one was performed on an early version of the real thing, the actual website. The test was performed with both mobile and desktop screens by users representing the actual target group.

Local dev environment

For this project there were no strings attached concerning in what way things should be done so I did it my way. The way I set up the dev environment for this project greatly reflects my way of doing things. I used VS Code as my editor coding HTML and PostCSS with a little help from node and Webpack. Also, I used Git for version control and Github to deploy the site. If you would like to have a look, it’s right here.